Don’t you hate it when you need to record screens and you find that your Camtasia Studio 8 screen capture tool has expired. Grant yourself another 30 days by using this old registry trick. I should not have to remind you that this trick is generally viewed as a nasty fraudulent trick, that deprives honest to goodness god fearing software developers of money. Applies to Camtasia Studio 8, Tested with CS 8.1
- Start Menu –> Run –> regedit.exe
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ——> SOFTWARE ——- >Classes ——- > dromjmfile
- The “dromjmfile” contains a REG_SZ value such as 7e5d0812
- Delete the “dromjmfile” key.
- Make new empty “dromjmfile” key.
- Start camtasia Studio.